Facebook

Friday 16 March 2012

Making it happen

            As my regular followers will know I have been studying hard for my diplomas in journalism and creative writing for the past year. This is no mean feat combining working full time with all the other normal daily activities. To study the art of writing in its many forms I feel will add to the depth and range of my writing career, which is ahead of me. Therefore I am so excited to announce that I have received my first award - my Diploma in Journalism.
           I am so grateful for the support of my husband, friends and family who never fail to meet my requests for being story ideas, interviews, questions about issues I am researching etc.
So what now - well I have three more assignments to complete in my creative writing course and I have my novel in progress and I have a few feature articles ideas in the research stage, so plenty to keep me out of mischief for now.
            I have discovered a few things about myself on this journey to achieve a new direction in my life, and one of the most important is that - 'I can do whatever I put my mind to,' however far out of my comfort zone it may at first appear.' This is inspiring me to step up without fear and say 'I can'  instead of 'I'll try' that tiny word 'can' truly does influence your mindset. Therefore I have introduced a new physical challenge to keep my body in tune with my overly active mind.  I have joined the gym, for the first time in my life and OMG it's great, that recognition of what your body can really do is awesome. My fitness goal is to be able to run again. Since finding out I have degenerative joint disease in both knees I have been unable to run for over a year, but now I working on a program to strengthen my legs and lose some weight, so that 'I can' hit the road again and guess what, I am writing a journal recording my journey back to fitness - its called,  'One for the road' and it will be an open, and I hope inspirational account of what it takes to achieve my goal.
          So its onwards and upwards - watch this space because you just never know what I will do next!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, thats one hell of a goal, theres going to be some pain barriers to go through, I wish you well and good luck. John xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    Indeed yes it truly is 'no pain, no gain' but everything in life worth fighting for takes a mixture of determination, sacrifice and persistence and I have all of those.
    Thanks for commenting and I hope you continue to follow my journey.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete