Facebook

Monday 26 March 2012

'One for the road'

   And so it begins.

    I have commenced my journey- 'one step' at a time, 'one kilo' a week and 'one healthier choice' every day, hence 'One for the road' my latest creation in progress.
   
    My journey is taking me to a healthier mind, body and soul, because the road I want to achieve is both physical and metaphorical. I want to run on the road again - even if it has to be on the flat for my ageing knees.  I want to embrace the roads of my life, and take all the twists, turns and detours it has to offer, even if I am unsure of my final destination.     
  
     My life truly resembles a map. The biggest thrill is coming to a cross roads, closing my eyes and putting a pin in to decide the direction. I know to some this will sound hap hazard, thwart with danger and risk and generally irresponsible, however I learnt some years ago that you have to follow your heart, and make the most of any opportunity that comes your way.  The future is uncertain both in length and direction. Therefore when opportunity knocks, I open that door, and not only have a peek inside but go in for a good look round!

     So my journey continues, and the biggest bonus of all,  apart from being extremely exciting and unpredictable, is that everyday I am inspired to write , to seek and to learn something new about myself and my world, and I love it.

    Stay tuned.........
   
Progress report - I have lost 4kgs to date and I have six chapters of my novel in draft, and the my 'One for the road' journal is growing with thoughts and experiences of how to push through the painful knees, change for the better and grow with the experience.

2 comments:

  1. I will stay tuned Sarah and you just follow that dream. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you come too far to stop now, you have no choice but to see whats on the other end and to see exactly what you are capable of, go for it.

    ReplyDelete