Facebook

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Everyone has a story.

Welcome to Everyone has a story.
My name is Sarah Jane and I have always dreamt of being a writer. The old adage that everyone has a book in them, has haunted me my whole life. Every time I experience something good or bad, I feel the urge to write about it. 'Is this my one book inside me?' A year ago as a family, we lost our home in the Queensland floods and it was a turning point in my life. I have been a registered general nurse for 26 years, but at a time when you have to make life changing decisions about where to live and where to work, what really counts is what's inside you, how you feel and the love of the people around you. Sitting in a caravan in Queensland after the floods contemplating our future, my husband Nigel, always positive and  honest said, "if you want to be a writer you need to just do it. Do something about it, learn how to write or just write." Taking these words to heart I realised that, I was the only one who could make it happen. I couldn't just sit there talking about it, if I really wanted it I had to make it happen. So I did. I enrolled in two diploma courses. A Diploma in Journalism and a Diploma in Creative Writing;  I started my first assignment, in our caravan whilst we were still trying to work out our future. Fast forward one year. We have relocated to Tasmania,  initially living with my father in law whilst we found work and a house to rent. We both now have work; I study on the weekends and I have now managed to adjust my 'normal working hours' so that I get one full day a fortnight to be a writer. I intend to become a freelance writer and publish at least one novel! I have so many ideas and so many drafts saved I feel I could write forever. I look forward to sharing the pursuit of my dreams, and of course receiving your feedback on my work along the way.

1 comment: