Facebook

Saturday 11 February 2012

A little piece of 'me' time

At last it's the weekend and I get to devote myself to my family and my writing. I know this sounds like a contradiction because when I'm writing I am alone with my thoughts and my laptop. However the weekend is my time to call my children, still living in the UK, to catch up on their news and this often inspires me to write. It also allows for some quality time with the two children living here, before I am taken away on holiday by my loving husband on Valentine's Day next week for a romantic four days in Hervey Bay, Queensland.
Today I am inspired as I contemplate that 18 years ago today my one of my beautiful daughters was born, Holly - May. Looking back at  the changes our family has experienced in that time is surreal now.
Today's writing is a magazine article for my final assignment in my Diploma of Journalism. My interviews are done, research completed; now it needs carefully piecing together, editing and inserting the photographs.
My novel has advanced by 3000 words this week, in my early morning time segments before my work as a nurse injury management adviser, so I feel happy with that. (Obviously I would love to write more words and more often)
I was hoping to upload a few examples of my work for some critique, then I remembered my work is saved on the laptop my husband has taken away with him this week - so watch this space when he gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment