Facebook

Saturday 4 February 2012

Our Nuffnang 'Vitamin Me' entry


My ‘Vitamin Me’ levels would be restored if I won a $5000 dream holiday in Queensland. In January 2011 shortly after relocating to Ipswich near Brisbane our newly renovated home was totally submerged in the floods. We had to relocate to Tasmania, to live with my father in law, and start over. It’s been a hard and testing time as we fought the banks and lost, ending up in bankruptcy. The downside of bankruptcy for us has been the restriction on travel to the UK as some of our children still live there. Luckily we are positive people and we have turned this humbling experience into a positive sea change. We have both branched out into new careers and I am trying to fulfil my lifetime ambition of becoming a freelance writer and novelist. We will not be beaten by this.
           Our dream holiday in Queensland would incorporate spending time in Cairns, the Whitsunday’s and a 4WD adventure on Fraser Island. We love snorkelling, photography and adventuring in new places; trying to find good seafood restaurants, as we are vegetarian, and fine wine to accompany the food. We endeavour to be inspirational to our children, some living in UK and some in Australia, to show them that whatever life throws at you, you don’t have to lie down and take it. Life is short; live it now and live it well.

6 comments:

  1. Can't resist the urge to check out fellow Vitamin Me entries. A career in nursing to writing is a big jump but I can understand the urge.

    I've been blogging for 18 months and can't believe how much it has added to my writing, the things I've learnt and the friendships I've made. This blog is obviously new and I'm not sure if you've blogged previously. Good luck with your writing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the comment.
    Yes new blog and no never done this before!!! I have heard that blogging can enhance your writing and I look forward to the friendship of like minded people for inspiration. The more you dip your toes into the blogging world you find such a wide diversity of writing blogs out there. If you have any hints or tips would be very much appreciated. Nursing to writing - yes its a jump, but life is too short not to give it a go....I have a diverse range of subject material that I need to fine tune.
    Thanks for checking me out and good luck in the Vitamin Me competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I notice you've joined up as a follower on my blog - still get a kick out of new followers myself.
    Here are 4 blogs I follow which are really good. Recover your Joy (Louise is a published writer) and also one of the best people for encouraging and commenting on others. http://recoveryourjoy.blogspot.com.au/
    Brenda's writing blog - mum of four so a mix of posts about writing and being a mum.
    http://blog.bkbirch.com/
    Ink in my coffee (published writer - many books, many writing names) I like following her somewhat boring routine because its a real peek into the writing life. http://devonellington.wordpress.com/
    Also another Brenda - just had her 6th book published.
    http://brendayoungerman.blogspot.com.au/
    All great people and lots of writing tips, life stories and others to connect with. I googled writers blogs when I first started and some of these have become great bloggy friends. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fi
    That's great information I will give them a look.

    ReplyDelete