Facebook

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Every little word helps

To ensure that my word count continues to grow I get up at 5 am each day to put some words together before I head off to my day job. My addiction to this process is concerning at times but ultimately fulfilling. After my morning fix in front of the laptop, I make my way to work but even on the bus to the CBD the words don't stop and I find myself letting them spill out onto the memo app on my mobile phone. Now this is no bad thing as my target is to write for 10 hours a week so it's like a part time job really. However the madness of the hour is all consuming and I forget that I have work to do on my other jobs as wife and mother. Multi-tasking to the max; you would think it would cloud the brain and stop the flow, but no I find ideas, twists and turns for my novel whilst completing the most mundane of tasks. The most concerning part of my obsession for innocent bystanders, is that everyone is a potential character and endless notes scatter my desk at work; notes about people I have observed in meetings, on the bus, or walking around Woolworths! Notes about situations I recall and the places they were set oh and so it goes on. So as I head off to my day job as an Injury Management Consultant to solve medical puzzles and decide strategies for injured workers to return to work I find myself in a sudden panic as I have forgotten to put the coffee machine on and wake my husband!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment