Facebook

Thursday 8 March 2012

A Writer's Retreat

         Of late I have been finding it more and more difficult to find quality time for my novel. Despite my early morning attacks when the rest of my world sleeps it doesn't feel like quality time. It feels rushed and I find it hard to think.
       
         The solution, a long weekend away. To sit beside the sea, alone with my laptop. No teenage daughter demanding my attention, no television or stereo noise resounding in my ears - just quiet. The evenings will be spent with my husband, whose support I could not function without at the moment. His belief in me and my work encourages me along my journey.

          This week I was also inspired to read the article, on the link below, on gripping opening lines, to entice the reader into your book. I will be studying all of these tips and more as I retreat over the weekend.

http://komzreviews.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/be-my-guest-how-to-write-gripping.html

1 comment:

  1. Good Idea Sarah I like the idea of sitting beside the sea..but seriously I hope you get some quality time to get on with your writing.Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete